A beautiful face could launch a thousand ships: this is the typical message getting across by numerous billboards and posters on the streets, and advertisements of beauty products on mass media as well as in social media. The meaning of beautiful is mostly associated with a beautiful face, free from blemishes and blackheads. But admit it, that these advertisements of beauty do not represent most people, especially from people who are experiencing facial insecurities such as pimples and blackheads.
Blackheads are those small, black dots on the face that are at first not noticeable, but when gets infected would eventually turned out to be huge clusters of pimples or worst, acne. The most common areas of the face where the condition surfaces include blackheads on nose, chin, and at the back.
Popping blackheads is the most common thing to do when removing the pesky blackheads, but the truth is that this procedure is really not helping. Unsanitary popping of blackheads would just lead to infection due to the improper procedure and unhygienic means of blackhead removal. And to prevent the said condition from worsening, the following are some natural remedies to try right at the comforts of one’s home on how to remove blackheads from nose and other parts of the body:
Make a Do-it-Yourself Facial Scrub
Maintaining clear complexion is a challenge, but a challenge that is simple and maintainable. The following are some DIY facial scrubs that are natural and hypo-allergenic:
• Honey and sugar face mask. Combination of honey and sugar is a natural and perfect way to clear off blackheads. Honey has benefits such as antibacterial properties to prevent occurrence of acne and vitamin B to moisturize sensitive skin. Honey when combined to sugar and essential oils can achieve effective cleansing, exfoliating, and moisturizing benefits on the face.
• Remove skin discolorations with lemon and sugar face pack. Lemons have effective bleaching properties that target the discolorations and pimple marks on the face. It also dries up blackheads. Lemons when combined with sugar will make an immense beauty combo. Sugar will act as the moisturizer while the lemon will take care of the bleaching and exfoliating. Just mix a teaspoon of sugar with fresh lemon juice and a teaspoon of natural coconut oil. Apply the product on the face and leave on for 15 minutes. Make sure to use the face mask at least twice a week.
• Slow down aging with cinnamon. This spice has antiseptic properties that dry up blackheads and pimples, as well as anti-aging properties that slows down skin aging by increasing the level of collagen due to its component called cinnamaldehyde. To enjoy the benefits of this scrub, just mix three drops of cinnamon oil, 2 cups of ground coffee, a teaspoon of honey and cinnamon powder, and 2 tablespoons of almond oil. Apply the mask on the face and leave on for 20 minutes.
Maintain proper hygiene. No excuses!
The culprit behind blackheads is poor hygiene. To prevent blackheads from occurring, the following are some pointers to keep in mind:
• Always change linens and pillowcases regularly. Remember that there are hidden viruses and bacteria on dirty linens and if these come in contact with the face, for sure blackheads and pimples will erupt instantly.
• Hydrate more. Drinks lots of water to improve skin’s elasticity and promote development of good cells.
• Regularly wash the face with natural and hypoallergenic products.